Forklift Driver Training, like Thorough Examinations, are both required by law yet many companies are still not aware of their legal requirements and as a result sometimes inadvertently cut corners – often with devastating results.
Mercury Forklift Services are an Accredited Training Provider who offer a wide range of courses on all types of forklift trucks and material handling equipment, as well as offering a wide range of other courses and services.
Courses can be held on-site at the customer's premises or if you prefer off-site, we have an accredited Training Centre at our Head Office in Exeter.
Regulation 9 of the Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulation [PUWER] 1988 States that "Every employer shall ensure that all persons who use work equipment have received adequate training for purpose of Health and Safety, including training in the methods which may be adopted when using the work equipment, any risks which such use may entail and precautions to be taken".
Our Driver Training Courses
From Novice, Refresher to Conversion Courses, Mercury Forklift Services ensure that all training solutions are delivered with the same standard of excellence and that every delegate receives the same high level of service.
For persons with none or very little experience of materials handling equipment
Full Theory, Full Practical Test, 3 to 5 day course.
For persons holding an existing licence: wishing to update or renew
Includes a full refresher and test, Includes Theory and Practical, 1 day course.
For persons holding an existing licence but want to be able to operate other types of materials handing equipment
This is usually with the introduction of warehousing equipment, including Reach Trucks and Narrow Aisle Trucks.
ITSSAR (The Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register)
- ITSSAR is a body approved and listed as an accrediting organisation by the Health & Safety Commission (HSC) in the Approved Code of Practice (ACoP) for Fork Truck Operator Training.
- It has been constructed to cover all sectors of industry which use industrial trucks and it registers and monitors instructors and training organisations meeting its standards.
- Practical trainers specialising everyday in the industrial truck training industry set ITSSAR standards. The standards are relevant, current, comprehensive and meet national standards.
- ITSSAR promotes the high standard of training and operation in industry targeted by the ACoP.
- ITSSAR specialises in all types of industrial truck and mobile materials handling equipment, abrasive wheels, slinging, signalling, etc.
- ITSSAR is dedicated to help you to improve your training.
- Powered Pallet Trucks
- Order Pickers
- Very Narrow Aisle
- Container Handlers
- Tow Tractors & Trailers
- Rough Terrain
- Multi Directional
- Pivot Steer
- Transportable (Truck Mounted)
- Pallet Trucks